Caring For Your Felts
Felt is a durable fabric, with gentle care, it will last for many years.
Proper Storage & Preventative Pest Damage
- Keep your felt products as dry as possible.
- Avoid storing in humid conditions.
- Store felts products with Lavender, Eucalyptus and tree tea scent to repel bugs.
- Store felts products in airtight containers.
- For felt clothing or felt shoes, store in a breathable cotton bag with lavender.
Cleaning Method (A)
- Spot Clean using cold water and mild soap (avoid using hot water, it can shrink your felt)
- Very, Very Gently rub where the stain is.
- To remove soap residue, damp a lint-free cloth with clean water.
- Very, Very Gently wipe it off. Repeat as required.
- Using a dry towel, press down on your felt to remove any excess water
- Allow your felt to air dry.
Cleaning Method (B)
- Hand wash gently in cool water, mild soap and very little agitation.
- Gently roll or press in a towel to remove excess moisture.
- Lay flat to dry
Pilling is a natural characteristic of all types of wool.
- Freshen felts by using an Electric Fabric Shaver or Lint / Pill Remover to gently remove pills and fuzzies.